Creative writing activity for group/workshop
Fifteen Seconds of Fame
- to create a situation vividly
- to put a character into a poignant situation
groups to start off with, then individual writing
Rita Ann Higgins ‘Lucky Mrs Higgins‘
At least two slips of paper per particiant, which can be stuck onto a window, a blackboard or a smooth wall
- On one slip of paper write down a character, preferably someone that suggests intimacy (e.g. an aunt, parent, sibling, cousin)
- Add a few personal strengths/weaknesses, strinking features, etc. that mark this person and perhaps would make her/him look out of place in certain high-profile situations.
- On a seperate slip of paper write down a situation in which this person may find her-/himself, that suddenly thrusts her/him into the limelight.
- These two slips of paper are now stuck up, randomly paired, all over the room. Walk around and find a combination you like.
- Write up the text about how the person you’ve chosen finds her-/himself in the situations and what is poignant about this. Remember: show, don’t tell...!
© 2000 – 2005 Franz Andres Morrissey, all rights reserved.